I was laying on the couch watching my Chicago Bears lose…again, while trying my best to be both optimistic and lazy when I saw an advertisement that Applebee’s was giving away a free meal for Veterans on Veterans Day.
This is a classic case of Piggyback Marketing. National holidays are on the minds of the masses. When you create a promotion that corresponds with current events and/or holidays you are going to get a lot more exposure for your marketing dollar. Why? Because you are riding a trend in the media and a rising tide raises all ships.
Below are some of the companies are giving away gifts for the Veterans on this Veterans Day. I thought that I would list them not only to give you marketing ideas for future holidays but also, to help Vets get what they deserve on this Veterans Day.
Veterans Day Give-A-Ways
- Sam’s Club – Giving away free walking canes
- Golden Corral – Veterans Appreciation Day, Monday November 16 eat for free from 3pm to close.
- Apple Bees – Veterans eat for free.
- Never Fly Solo – A leadership book from a former decorated fighter pilot is giving away all his profits to Veterans through the end of November.
- If you know of others please leave them in the comment box.
Happy Veterans Day and thank you for serving in the military and allowing me to live in the greatest nation that this world has ever none. You have never failed us. I tip my “keyboard” (not wearing a hat) to you.
Let’s support the Veterans by spreading the word of all these great gifts through Twitter.